Today is my farewell. A cake, some samosas and about 50 odd friends, colleagues and mentors will gather in our cafeteria where I’ve criticized several thousand lunches, and say goodbye.
It’s going to be weird.
I’ll have to give a farewell speech and while I have a few points and inside jokes up my sleeve, I only hope I don’t well up and start muttering ‘I’m going to miss you.. I love you…please don’t let me go’
Gotta hold it together Priyanka!
So I’m going to talk about my experiences here, how I’ve changed for the better, how I’ve made friends for life (and some foes too? :|), how I hope they’ll have my back as I’m doing this bizarre experiment on my life and how I’ll always have theirs.
I’ve also thought of a few crazy scenarios which may or may not happen but I like to be prepared:-
- Situation A- CEO storms into my farewell tea party and shouts at me for leaving when the company is going through a crisis.
- Reaction A – I shout back saying ‘his company’ can’t retain people and didn’t give me a motivating opportunity just cause I’m moving to another city! Everyone claps for me for being soooo gutsy. They write about me in ET the next day.
- Situation B – My boss says something mean about me and everyone starts staring at me in disgust
- Reaction B – I shout back saying ‘his company’ doesn’t deserve my talent and they’ll regret letting me go! Everyone claps for me for showing such bravado and they all walk out with me in a show of support. They write about me in ET the next day.
- Situation C- Everyone says great things, emotional things, moist eyes everyone and giant bouquet and signed gifts.
- reaction C – I cry, mutter inconsolably, try and brave a smile and stuff my face with cake.
Feels like C is going to happen.
Will post in the evening to tell you more.